A Massachusetts construction worker died and doctors believe it's because he ate too much black licorice.
According to "People," the 54-year-old man used to eat a bag and a half of black licorice every date for weeks before his death.
Doctors say ingredients in black licorice (glycyrrhizic acid) can throw your nutrients out of balance. Even a small amount can increase your blood pressure just a little bit.
The acid can cause your potassium levels to fall and that can trigger abnormal heart rhythms.
The FDA says anyone over 40 eating two ounces of black licorice a day for at least two weeks could cause irregular heart rhythms.
Image courtesy Getty