I’m doing a daily recap of some of the notable developments from this year's legislative session. Here are some Highlights from Tallahassee.
- A Senate bill that would make abandoning animals during a natural disaster a crime punishable by up to a year in jail or up to a $5,000 fine passed its committee.
- A huge infrastructure project to expand the Turnpike to Tampa, the Suncoast Parkway all of the way to the Georgia border and create a highway between Polk and Collier counties passed its initial Senate committee.
- The House bill that’ would authorize Pharmacists to diagnose and treat basic illnesses pass its 2nd committee.
- One of multiple school voucher related bills, this once enabling private school vouchers, passed its initial Senate committee.
- A 1% reduction in tax on mobile device services and satellite TV services passed its House committee.
- A bill passed a House Committee defining the restoration of felon voting rights to include courts costs and legal fees.
Photo by: David McNew/Getty Images