900 People Died of Measles in Madagascar. Could This Happen in the U.S. ?

Public health officials in the U.S. are closely monitoring the growing number of infectious disease cases on the rise in East Africa. The World Health Organization says, 553 people have died and an additional 373 are suspected to have died because of measles.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention say, 159 measles cases were reported in the United States as of February 21, 2019. The six measles outbreaks were documented in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, New York, Oregon, Texas, and Washington.

According to the CDC’s newly released data, more than 90 percent of Americans living in the U.S do get recommended immunizations. The remaining 10 percent leave concern for health officials, especially unvaccinated international travelers and babies.

title

Content Goes Here