On Wednesday, Lyft announced a new "Ditch Your Car" program in Miami.
The ride-sharing company is offering Magic City residents more than $650 of transportation credit to give up their cars for 30 days from Oct. 8 to Nov. 6 in favor of getting around town via shared Lyft rides, Brightline, Metrobus, Metrorail, Citi Bike®Miami, and Zipcar.
Are you willing to hand over your keys for a month?
"The way that people move around cities is changing faster than ever, and we are excited to challenge Miami residents to change their everyday habits and give up their car for a month," said Sam Cohen, General Manager for Lyft Florida.
"Lyft alone is not the overall solution to overcome transportation hurdles, but by partnering with Brightline, Metrobus, Metrorail, Citi Bike® Miami, and Zipcar we are able to create a full menu of mobility options for Miami residents."
Here's how it works:
- Sign up here for a chance to be 1 of 50 lucky winners to participate in Ditch Your Car.
- Once chosen for the challenge, you'll receive an email with the details of the program - including transportation credits!
- Transportation credits include Lyft Shared, Brightline, Metrobus, Metrorail, Citi Bike® Miami, and ZipCar to get around the city for one month.
- Lyft Shared Ride credit (valued at $300)
- Brightline credit (valued at $60)
- Miami-Dade Transit pass for unlimited rides on Metrobus and Metrorail (valued at $146.25)
- Zipcar one month membership & application (valued at $32) + $100 drive credit
- Citi Bike® Miami Deluxe unlimited rides one month pass (valued at $35)
4. The Challenge starts October 8 and ends November 6.