Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport opened for business Tuesday at 4 a.m.
However, flight schedules were limited in the wake of Hurricane Irma
As of Tuesday morning, the roadway outside of Terminal 2, and the security check-in point at FLL looked something similar to a ghost town.
The airport says that flight schedules Tuesday remain very limited. Passengers planning to fly should contact their airlines and check their flight's status before heading to the airport.
On Tuesday, the same message stands true for Miami International Airport. MIA is operating at "30 percent and will see operations increase daily..."
Those scheduled to fly should contact their airline and check their flight's status before heading to the airport.
According to Miami International Airport officials,
- The Miami Rental Car Center opened at noon
- Miami-Opa locka Executive Airport is now open
- Miami Executive Airport is open, but the FAA tower is closed for damage assessment
- Flights are operating with pilot-to-pilot communication
- Miami-Homestead General Aviation Airport is now open, but the Dade-Collier Training and Transition Airport remains closed
- For the latest updates about airport operations, airport users should follow MIA on Twitter @iflymia