According to Honest Tea's annual "National Honesty Index" social experiment, men... and redheads... in 2017 are the most honest Americans.
With eight years under its belt, the Honesty Index survey added an extra twist to the experiment this, giving Americans a chance to use honesty as currency, by sharing a refreshingly honest moment in exchange for an Honest Tea beverage... So, when put to the test of honesty, how do Americans stand up?
From July 10 – August 3, 2017, Honest Tea monitored more than 10,000 interactions in 15 major cities across the United States, yielding fascinating results:
- Men were slightly more honest than women across the nation (79 percent vs 74 percent)
- When it comes to hair color:
- Redheads are 92 percent honest
- Blondes 75 percent
- Grey-haired Americans ranked the least honest at 45 percent
When it comes to relationships...
- 1 in 3 people admit preferring to cuddle their pet over their significant other
- 1 in 5 people admit to enjoying the single life and putting self-love before a relationship
- 60 percent of people suggested one of the top indicators of a healthy relationship was being open with bathroom habits (including farting)
- 20 percent of Americans revealed that they have secretly used their partner’s toothbrush
When it comes to social media habits...
- 3 in 5 Americans admit to using social media to “check in” on ex’s, friends and colleagues
- 40 percent admit to being addicted to their newsfeeds in some way
When it comes to our health...
- Not all people go to the gym to work out, some go for an excuse to wear trendy gym clothes, to see a crush or for guilt-free indulgence in their favorite foods
- When talking about work-life balance, 1 in 3 people say mental health days were important to them
Of course, "The Honesty Index" provides a more lighthearted look into the tendencies of the American people, but still, the answers are pretty telling, and honestly not hard to believe. Especially that part about men being more honest than women.
What do you think ?