Couple Injured After Cigarette Lighting Leads To Propane Explosion In Car

A Florida couple is recovering after a barbecue grill inside their SUV exploded when a woman lit a cigarette. 

Orlando police Lt. Cindy Lane says that the grill was turned on and the propane tank was open in the back of the red Kia Sorento as the couple left a barbecue at the Central Florida Fairgrounds Sunday afternoon.

The lighting of the woman's cigarette sparked a propane explosion inside the car. 

Lane says the woman and her husband were burned and their Kia was severely damaged. 

The couple's injuries are not considered to be life-threatening.

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content