Over 4,000 dogs have been saved in the Florida Everglades, and now, "100+ Abandoned Dogs" is hoping for your help in finding all of those pups their "furever" homes.
"We have rescued almost 4,000 dogs -- hundreds of cats -- that are abandoned, neglected, and near death," says Amy Roman, President/Founder of 100+ Abandoned Dogs of Everglades, Florida. "We have revived them and spent thousands and thousands of dollars to restore them, love them, and then find forever-loving homes for them. Our mission is endless."
That's why, on Nov. 10, the organization will be holding an important fundraiser in Fort Lauderdale.
Sponsored by Miami Acura, the fundraiser will take place at Revolution Live’s “Stache” VIP Stage located at 100 SW 3rd Ave in Fort Lauderdale from 4-9 PM.
The festivities will kick off with DJ Citizen Jane and Followed by The Paxti Pastor All-Star Band, featuring music greats such as:
- American Idol Singing Sensation Christina Christian
- Three-time Grammy-nominated drummer Jody Hill from Josh Strone and KC & The Sunshine Band
- Grammy-nominated keyboardist Leroy Romans from the Wailers
- Maxi Priest & Jimmy Cliff
- David Fernandez on Sax from the Miami Sound Machine
- Steve Argy on Bass from the Clarence Clemons Band
- Richie Schmidt on guitar from the Fabulous Fleetwoods with a very special performance by Phil Collins’ “Little Dreamer” Penelope Robin
"We're here to stay and we're asking for your help," says Roman.
The fundraiser will be a night of dancing & live music with complimentary appetizers & desserts for all participants.
There will also be drawings for amazing prizes & a silent auction, with all proceeds going to 100+ Abandoned Dogs of Everglades Florida.
For more information about the Nov. 10 event, click here.