The death of a teenager in Kazakhstan is being blamed on her cell phone.
Alua Asetkyzy Abzalbek went to bed listening to music on her phone. Trouble is, she had the phone plugged in and placed under her pillow.
The next morning, the teen was found dead after the phone's battery apparently exploded.
Alua’s best friend, 15-year-old Ayazhan Dolasheva said she ‘still cannot believe it’.
Posting on social media she wrote: ‘You were the best. We have been together since childhood. It is so hard for me without you. I miss you so much. You have left me forever.’
The teen's death is the latest in a number of tragic accidents involving mobile phones and chargers, particularly in Russia.
Image courtesy Getty