Here's the daily recap of some of the notable developments from Florida’s session.
- A House committee passed a bill out of committee that would limit THC in medical marijuana to 10%. Currently, there are medicinal products with THC as high as 24% being issued and much higher levels potentially available independent of physician recommendations. The average street joint is 63%.
- The Miami-Dade needle exchange bill passed its 3rd committee in the House and is on track for full votes in both chambers.
- The bill that would make killing a police K-9 a 2nd-degree felony and injuring a horse a 3rd degree felony advanced in the state Senate.
- A bill passed a House committee that would mandate that landlords not collect first and last deposits on rentals from transferred military personnel.
- The child-like sex doll ban bill advanced in a State Senate committee as it increasingly looks like it is on track to pass in both chambers.
Photo by: FREDERIC J. BROWN/AFP/Getty Images