I’m doing a daily recap of some of the notable developments from Florida’s session. So, let’s get to it.
At the onset of the 3rd week of the session, Governor Ron DeSantis signed the end of the state’s ban on smokable medical marijuana. Here's a reminder of what this means:
- Must be at least 18 years of age (unless terminally ill).
- 35-day supply will be allowed per recommendation/visit to a licensed physician.
- Can’t exceed 2.5 ounces without clearance from the Florida Department of Health.
- Must be obtained through the state sanctioned program.
- Can’t be smoked in public.
Photo by: MARTIN BERNETTI/AFP/Getty Images