Dog Dies From Saltwater Poisoning At Florida Beach

A Florida man is warning other pet owners about the dangers of saltwater poisoning after his dog died at a Tampa beach.

Local news outlets report that Chris Taylor brought his Labrador Retriever, O.G., to the beach on Honeymoon Island last week.

After a few hours of playing, the two returned home and O.G.'s problems began. The dog began vomiting and had diarrhea. O.G. wasn't eating and was moving around in a daze, according to Taylor.

Taylor took O.G. to a veterinarian where he learned his pet of seven years was severely dehydrated and had suffered brain damage from the saltwater.

O.G. also suffered a seizure while at the vet's office. The dog had to be put down.

Saltwater is highly toxic to animals and can be life-threatening when ingested in large amounts.

Doctors recommend limiting trips to the beach with your pets to two hours and to provide plenty of fresh water for the animals.

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content