Hollywood Student, 14, Hospitalized After Eating Marijuana-Laced Cheetos


Hollywood Police say an eighth-grade student was hospitalized after falling ill from eating what she believed were Cheetos at her Hollywood school. 

The student's parents later learned she ate a marijuana edible known as "Weedos." 

Authorities say another girl brought the bags of THC-laced "Weedos" to Driftwood Middle School and gave them to three of her friends. The two other girls are facing a school suspension.

Broward County Public Schools spokeswoman Cathleen Brennan said Driftwood Middle School administrators contacted the student's parents to notify them of the 14-year-old girl's intoxication.

She also said the student accused of giving her the marijuana edible will be punished in accordance with the code of conduct. 

According to a website called Weedmaps.com, "Weedos combine cannabis with a classic snack."

The Hollywood Police Department is investigating the incident.

The student was released from the hospital on Monday night. 


Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content