Winn-Dixie’s parent company, Southeastern Grocers, will close 94 stores in seven states, including a whopping 29 locations throughout Florida.
The Jacksonville-based company plans to file for bankruptcy by the end of March.
“Southeastern Grocers has conducted a thorough review of options for reducing our current debt,” it said in a statement. “Taking this step was critical to our future and the long-term health of our business.”
The restructuring will reduce debt by more than $500 million, the company said.
The 94 under-performing store closures are in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina and South Carolina.
Here is a list of the six locations closing in South Florida:
- Cooper City Winn-Dixie: 2581 North Hiatus Road
- Miramar Winn-Dixie: 6301 County Line Road
- Plantation Winn-Dixie: 7139 W. Broward Blvd
- Pompano Beach Winn-Dixie: 277 S. Pompano Parkway
- Tamarac Winn-Dixie: 7015 N. University Drive
- West Palm Beach Fresco y Más: 2675 S. Military Trail
For a full list of locations that will be shutting their doors, click here.