A city in Florida has been credited as making up the nation's best housing market for first-time buyers.
Real estate website Zillow says first-timers have it easier in Tampa because prices are lower, which translates to lower down payments and homes that appreciate in value more quickly.
That helps narrow the break-even window between buying a house and renting to about two years.
As for 2018, Zillow shows the following stats for the Tamps housing market:
- Population Growth: 1.9 percent
- Share of Listings With Price Cuts: 18.7 percent
- Zillow Home Value Index: $195,200
- Breakeven Horizon: 1 year and 11 months
- Zillow Home Value Forecast: 3.1 percent
- Inventory: 13,733 homes
Orlando is the fourth-best market for first-time buyers.
The worst in the nation is San Francisco, according to Zillow. For a complete list of results, click here.