Hialeah Toddler Suffering Second Degree Burns From Boiling Water

Every parent's worst nightmare.

A 1-year-old boy was badly burned Monday afternoon after pulling a boiling pot off of a hot plate.

The incident took place in the 400 block of East 42nd Street.

Hialeah Fire Department Capt. Cesar Espinosa says the child suffers burns to his upper torso.

The boy was flown to Jackson Memorial Hospital's Ryder Trauma Center in Miami. He is reportedly recovering as of Tuesday morning. 

Authorities believe the incident was accidental. 

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content