Student's Phone Bursts Into Flames At Deerfield Elementary School

Students at Deerfield Park Elementary School are getting a lesson in cell phone safety.

Broward Sheriff's Fire Rescue officials say a 10-year-old male student's cell phone battery erupted into flames Tuesday morning.

The situation resulted with smoke in the classroom and throughout the school.

No one was hurt but everyone was evacuated from the school. It was a similar situation at Shenandoah Middle in Miami last week when a charger sparked after overheating.

The student was not taken to the hospital. The brand of the phone or battery is unknown at this time.

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content