(Photo: Jamie Grill/Getty Images)
- Miami-Dade County Schools will operate as normal Wednesday, but all after-school events on Wednesday have been canceled. All Miami-Dade Schools will be closed Thursday and Friday.
- Broward County Schools are open on Wednesday, but all Wednesday evening classes, after-school activities, clubs and events are canceled. All schools will closed Thursday and Friday.
- Archdiocese of Miami Catholic schools in Miami-Dade and Broward counties will be closed on Thursday and Friday, including all after-school activities including after-care and CCD classes.
- Palm Beach Day Academy open on Wednesday, but all athletic games, practices, enrichment classes and after care are canceled. School is closed Thursday and Friday.
- Florida Atlantic University classes are canceled beginning Wednesday, Oct. 5, at 3 p.m. through Sunday, Oct. 9, effective on all campuses.
- American Heritage School will be closed Thursday and Friday.
- All Chesterbrook Academy Pre-school locations in Broward will close Thursday and Friday.
- Pine Crest (Prep) School in Boca Raton and Fort Lauderdale has cancelled all after-school activities Wednesday. Schools will remain closed Thursday and Friday.
- Gordon School of Beth David Congregation is closed Thursday and Friday.
- Ransom Everglades School is closed Thursday and Friday.
- Lynn University classes are canceled beginning Wednesday evening and will remain closed through Friday.
- Barry University main campus in Miami Shores and all other campuses in Florida are closed effective at noon Wednesday.
- Palm Beach State College will close at 3:30 p.m. Wednesday and remain closed through Sunday, on all campuses.
- All Nova Southeastern University Campuses throughout Florida and Puerto Rico closing at 5pm Wednesday and will reopen Monday, October 10.
- Miami Beach will close access to all beaches beginning at sunset Wednesday night.
- Biscayne National Park is closed as of 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, until further notice.
- Miami Seaquarium is closed starting Wednesday, until further notice.
- Zoo Miami will close on Thursday, with plans to re-open on Friday should weather permit.
- Jungle Island will be closed Thursday and Friday
- Broward Courts will be closing at noon Wednesday, reopens Monday
- Miami-Dade Courts will all close at 2:30 p.m. Wednesday.
- City of Fort Lauderdale residential trash collection, bulk trash collection and recycling services will be suspended for Thursday and Friday.
- Coconut Creek garbage and recycling service will stop when winds reach a sustained 40 mph. If service is suspended, garbage and recycling will be collected on the next scheduled collection day.
Stay tuned to NewsRadio WIOD on 610AM for updates on this developing story.