A public memorial taking place Friday morning for the 7-year-old Miami boy who died after police say he was electrocuted in a swimming pool.
Neighbor Fabian Pesantes tells CBS 4 he was the one performing C-P-R on Calder Sloan, who died Sunday after a swim in the family pool.
However, Pesantes says he felt a shock in the water.
Pesantes says the pool light was rusted, and investigators determining the grounding cable was loose.
In lieu of flowers, the boy’s family is asking donations be made to:
Lehrman Community Day School
Memo: Calder J Sloan Legacy Fund
727 77th St
Miami Beach, Fl. 33141
Attn: Jodi Bruce, Head of School
The memorial service is planned for Friday, April 18th at 11:30 a.m. at Temple Beth Shalom in Miami Beach.