A home explodes then catches fire in Pompano Beach after a cleaning crew puts acetone on flooring and then walks out.

 

Pompano Beach Fire Rescue spokesman Sandra King says luckily, no one was in the home on Southeast 3rd Avenue and there are no injuries.

She says acetone has fumes that can ignite so a light switch or water heater can set off an explosion.

 

There's major damage to several rooms in the house, inspectors are still trying to determine if the home is safe for residents to return tonight.

 

A home explodes then catches fire in Pompano Beach after a cleaning crew puts acetone on flooring and then walks out.